Saturday, January 16, 2010

Bad air and stuff

I read in an article today that said that the levels of carbon monoxide in the air were so high that going running on a day like today would be like smoking a pack of cigarrettes! Talk about black lung! So this week I was forced to buying a gym membership and thanks to that have been able to get all my miles in this week. I will see to get my money's worth out of this gym membership, maybe this time I will actually throw some cross training into the mix. Today for my long run though, I went to the Olympic Oval, they have an indoor track field that goes around the ice skating rink and supposedly they have the best air filtration in town. I liked it way better than the treadmill, 4 miles in the treadmill almost drove me crazy, I can not imagine 7! I also found a running group with the Salt Lake Running Company. Today was my second run with them. They are also training for the Salt Lake Marathon in April. Their schedule is a little further into the long runs than mine, but I think I can make the jump from 7 miles this week to 12 miles next week. Their schedule made the jump from 4 to 10 miles in an earlier week so I think I should be OK.

Here are my miles this week:

Monday: 30 min on the elliptical
Tuesday: 3 miles
Wednesday: 4 miles
Thursday: 3 miles
Saturday: 7 miles @ 9.33 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment